Be a Part of Pha Tad Ke’s Future!
As our grand opening, December 1st, creeps closer, we are creatively trying raise funds for our various projects. We have decided to reach out to the global community, through a crowdfunding campaign, to help fund the building of our ethno botanic garden.
How You Can Help!
- Pre order your tickets or tours, at a discounted price, through our crowdfunding campaign at:
- Share on social media channels. Find us on Facebook, twitter, and instagram @PTKBotanical.
- Personally share with friends and family that would be interested.
To create Pha Tad Ke, the first botanical garden in Laos.
We are forming a regional research center in order to create the first living collection of the flora of Laos that will provide an opportunity for collaboration with international botanical institutes. Pha Tad Ke is currently being developed and cared for with the help of dedicated scientists and more than 30 Lao staff, and when open to the general public offer a beautifully landscaped setting for visitors.
At the garden, we will develop educational programs for all age groups while conducting research into plant reintroduction, horticulture, ethno-botany and medicinal plants to address critical problems ranging from the management of local natural resources to conserving biodiversity worldwide. Through our publications, cultural and social outreach activities, we aim to make a substantial contribution to the responsible development of the region, and to the creation of real expertise that enables Laos to develop specialist skills for a sustainable future.
– Establish a survey of the flora of Laos, a collection of in-situ and ex-situ plants, and a program of conservation including research facilities and logistical support for scientists.
– Create educational opportunities for local and international constituents, including children, and contribute to capacity building through training and support for Lao students in horticultural and botanic studies.
– Provide a natural setting for visitors to enjoy the beauty of the region while promoting eco-tourism that creates local employment opportunities and increases tourism, stimulating economic development in the region.
– Promote sustainable ecological preservation and contribute to biodiversity conservation and awareness programs in Laos and internationally through extensive research, education, social outreach and resource building.